Recommended Running Shoes
We recommend shoe fitting in the afternoon or evening (Your feet swell and widen during the day). Try at least 3 different shoe models. If you really want to compare 2 models, try 2 different models at the same time, wearing one model on each foot. The tip of your thumb should fit between the end of the shoe and the end of your longest toe. Gotham Footcare always recommends shopping for your shoes at a running shoe specialty store where the staff is better informed about running shoe choices and recommendations.
RECOMMENDED SHOE STORES IN NEW YORK
While Gotham Footcare is not affiliated with any shoe store, we do have some places we feel do a fantastic job getting runners into shoes they need rather than shoe they want to sell.
- JACKRABBIT NY RUNNING TRIATHLON YOGA STORE:
- NEW YORK RUNNING COMPANY:
- Manhattan: 59th and Columbus Circle, 2nd floor
- PARAGON SPORTS:
- Lower Manhattan: 867 Broadway (at 17th Street) (Near Union Square)
- SUPER RUNNERS SHOP:
FOR DRESS SHOES
- Look for brands like Mephisto, Clark’s, Ecco and Rockport